A reputed American watch brand, Bulova was founded back in 1875 and is currently owned by Citizen Watch Co., a Japanese multinational conglomerate. This manufacturer of watches and clocks, Bulova, is based in New York City, the United States. Watch enthusiasts swear by this brand due to its Swiss-made finery. Joseph Bulova, a Bohemian immigrant, established the Bulova Watch Company in 1923. Starting in 1912, Joseph began manufacturing watches in Biel, Switzerland, and introduced mass production in watchmaking. He soon rose to fame with his hard work and in a span of just five years provided everyone with a complete range of men’s and women’s watches. The Americans focused their attention on the watches when Joseph made the watches’ advertisement popular with an amazing visual style. Apart from the style, people soon realized that advanced technology and precision became an integral part of Bulova watches. In the 1940s, Bulova gave an example of the complexities of its watches. Their analog game clocks became a favorite of sportspersons, and many basketball and hockey players became fans of Bulova products. Bulova’s Accutron and Space watches spell luxury all over and have become the epitome of finesse for celebrities and commoners alike.
New Bulova Watches
Other types of Bulova
Know More About Bulova Watches
History of Bulova
Hailed as one of the longest-running watch brands in the US, Bulova’s name is a stalwart in the watchmaking industry. Founded in 1875, Joseph Bulova started working on the brand’s inception in downtown New York. Since then, the company has been dedicatedly making some of the finest quality watches and has never compromised on the accuracy and precision of timekeeping. The Bulova Accutron or the Precisionist are said to be some of the watches that have made their mark permanently in the world of luxury watches. With time, the fame of this brand rose to such a level that many celebrities were seen flaunting one on their wrists in movies and award functions. Today, the company’s headquarters stand at the Empire State Building, and its employees strive to make better watches every day. With its rich history and affordability, the Bulova watch has become everyone’s favorite.
The Bulova Watch Company was owned by the Citizen Watch Company in 2007. In recent decades, Bulova has made some significant changes in its design and manufacturing line. For example, the “Caravelle by Bulova” was renamed to Caravelle New York in 2013 in order to emphasize more on the New York-special design and style. In 2014, the “Accutron,” though still a classic in its name, was switched to Bulova AccuSwiss so that people could understand the importance of the Swiss quality of the watches. But, since the Accutron is the line of the collection that has brought Bulova its current fame, they did not shut the door on the name completely and introduced a new line named “Bulova Accutron II.” The modified movements of this new collection are quite similar to that of the Bulova Precisionist range but feature the designs of the actual Accutron watches.
Bulova takes immense pride in the quality and movement of the watches.
* Quality - The watches, manufactured in Switzerland, are of the finest quality. Often, watch enthusiasts compare the quality of Bulova watches to that of Timex and Fossil. The reviews show that these watches pass the test with flying colors owing to the positive feedback they get most of the time. Even the low and the medium-end watches come across as satisfactorily designed. It is to everyone’s agreement that Bulova watches are accordingly and correctly priced.
* Movement - In terms of movement, the brand has produced some milestones over the years. Be it the Accutron line or the Bulova Precisionist, the models have high-end technology that leaves the consumers content. All the watches have a quartz movement with high accuracy and feature the sweeping hand. The automatic movements add to the advantages of the brand and are widely preferred by all.
The Firsts of the Bulova Watches
Bulova was way ahead in its game of mass production in comparison to its competitors. By introducing a line of jeweled Bulova men’s watch, the brand became a known name in every household in America. In the field of advertising, this company remained unbeatable and came up with a catchy slogan that would compel people to turn their attention to the watches. During the World War II, Bulova started making military watches for the generals and soldiers. By the end of the war, the Joseph Bulova School of Watchmaking paved the way for many disabled veterans to find a method of income and return peacefully to civilian life.
1. Bulova Accutron - Arguably, this is the best one of the lot! Whatever reputation Bulova has gained is due to the introduction of this line of watches. After the first Bulova Accutron watch was sold in 1960, the company never had to look back as this collection swept was loved by watch enthusiasts. With the electronic oscillator circuit powering the tuning fork, the Accutron rose to be the first electronic watch in history. The Accutron range has also been used by NASA for several space missions.
2. Bulova Precisionist - Just as one can guess from the name, this collection is defined by its timekeeping precision. The accuracy of this Bulova masterpiece is such that it will keep the time down to minus or plus ten seconds per year. The quartz regulator with high frequency paves the way for the smooth sweeping of the second hand. From being water-resistant to stainless steel chronographs, the Precisionist line has several breathtaking designs. While the accuracy and the internal functions are the same in every model, the materials and the colors vary.
3. Bulova Marine Star - This collection is a combination of style, accuracy, and water resistance. Every model of this line can be used underwater without the fear of damaging any part. Not only to withstand the pressure of water, but the Bulova Marine Star watches are designed to absorb shocks and thrusts. While the Japanese quartz movement maintains accuracy, the mineral crystal allows the user to see the hands clearly even in darkness. Every marking on these high-quality stainless steel watches is clearly defined.
Buy a Bulova Watch Now
Whether you prefer style over accuracy or vice-versa, Bulova has got you covered from every angle. Apart from having a solid reputation for style, these watches have undisputable accuracy and durability. Consumers, watch enthusiasts and professional evaluators have always given positive feedback on their Bulova watches. The benchmark has been set so high that there are many other brands in the market trying to meet Bulova’s standards. The global positioning of the brand tells you about how it has stood the test of time for years and has offered nothing but the finest production and distribution of the high-end Bulova watch. The brand that comes with such a great history is sure to surprise the world and make a separate place for themselves over its competitors. It is indeed hard to guess what is next for Bulova, but one can surely guarantee that their next innovation is not far away and is awaiting to blow away everyone’s mind.