Founded in 1860, Chopard is a renowned Swiss watchmaker as well as a jewelry maker. It is basically popular for its collection of Chopard ladies watches along with the Chopard pocket watches. And it is also one of the independent companies that are highly known for its success in the watch world.
Chopard stands out when it comes to meeting the highest standards of quality and precision. In 1976, the Chopard Happy Diamonds collection was released which was the creation of the very first diamond watch consisting of mobile diamonds that spin and slide freely between two transparent sapphire crystals.
New Chopard Watches
Chopard Top Picks
History of Chopard Watches
It all began in 1860 when Louis-Ulysse Chopard built a high-precision watch manufacture in Sonvilier, Switzerland. It specialized in the manufacturing of pocket watches and chronometers. With the introduction of Chopard watches, the reputation of the Swiss-made products was increased in terms of its reliability and quality. Hence, till this date, the Chopard stands out when it comes to meeting the highest standards of quality and precision.
When we refer to the company being independent, it means that it is one of the last family-run watch-making companies which has been passed on to the next generations, and the Chopard is counted amongst them. After the death of its founder, Louis-Ulysse in 1915, the company was handed over to his son Paul-Louis and his grandson Paul-André.
The Chopard company was then relocated to Geneva which is amongst the fine watchmaking capitals. Under the enlightenment and counsel of Paul Andre, the company became notable for its extraordinarily accurate watches which came with a high degree of technical sophistication.
Although after twenty years, in 1963, one of the other families took the leadership when Paul-Andre sold the company to Karl Scheufele III – who is the third-generation member of a watch and jewelry dynasty who along with his wife Karin enhanced the development of Chopard in a completely different way. This enhancement spearheaded an international expansion of the company along with magnifying the brand's reputation. In the 1980s, Karl and Karin's children participated in the upliftment of the company and at present, they serve as co-presidents.
Amongst the many innovations that the Scheufele family added to the Chopard’s foundation, some of them are briefly listed below:
- In 1974, a new Chopard production site was constructed in Geneva-Meyrin along with the development of watches for women.
- In 1976, the Chopard Happy Diamonds collection was released which was the creation of the very first watch consisting of mobile diamonds that spin and slide freely between two transparent sapphire crystals.
- In 1980, Chopard St. Moritz was introduced which is a mixture of elegance, lightweight, watertight and shock-resistant stainless steel.
- In 1987, the Chopard Luna D'Oro was launched which was the brand’s very first complicated watch as it came along with a perpetual calendar and had a retrograde display.
- In 1996, the founding of Chopard Manufacture took place in Fleurier which is located in the Swiss Jura mountains.
- In 2002, Chopard became the race's official timekeeper which was affiliated with the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique.
- In 2013, Chopard gave an opportunity to its clients to customize their own Chopard Happy Sports watches in which they could fit their watch with an automatic movement with the help of a playful app.
- In 2014, Chopard did a partnership with the Porsche Motorsport as they had returned to the 24 Horus of LeMans.
So these were some of the notable milestones which took place in the business of Chopard watches which enhanced its popularity. The Chopard offers a varied range of collection for both men as well as for women and each have maintained their own characteristics.
Now let's review some of their popular models which are popular till date:
Since 1988, the Chopard family has been the timekeeper and the official sponsor of the esteemed Mille Miglia race. These Mille Miglia watches are blended with the passion and beauty of classic motorsports. It consists of two sublines: The Mille Miglia Classic watch line (which was inspired by the vintage race cars that were competed during 1927 to 1940); Mille Miglia Gran Tourismo XL (which are inspired by the current vehicles that are assimilated with the modern technologies).
One of the distinctive features about this collection is the continual development in its designs. This collection provides a variety of dial configurations and is geared with various demands including the chronograph and power reserve functions.
This collection of watches is regarded as extravagant ladies jewelry watch. They have been further extended into two lines: Chopard Happy Sport and Chopard Happy Diamonds Icons. The concept of dancing diamonds was first born in 1976, and it took place under the influence of skilled Chopard designer Ronald Kurowski. This collection is exceptionally mesmerizing with its diamonds dancing between sapphire crystals which provides a lovely sense of femininity. When it comes to its dial and the bracelet, they are made available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes with of course the dancing diamonds, which brings all the models exquisitely together.
The Chopard watch collection is available in 18K white, yellow and rose gold, platinum, titanium as well as stainless steel. And in addition to this, they are also combined with white and rose gold, rose gold and titanium, rose gold and stainless steel, and platinum and white gold. The Chopard watch price ranges from ¥419,000 to ¥1,199,900. Thus pick yours today and match them with your everyday wear.